National Preparedness Month (NPM) is just around the corner, starting September 1. Here are some tips to help kick off your planning for the month of September.
“Disasters Don’t Plan Ahead. You Can.”
We can all take action to prepare. This year’s themes focus on the NPM goal to increase the overall number of individuals, families, and communities that engage in preparedness actions at home, work, business, school, and places of worship.
2017 Weekly Themes
- Week 1: September 1-9 “Make a Plan for Yourself, Family and Friends”
- Week 2: September 10-16 “Plan to Help Your Neighbor and Community”
- Week 3: September 17-23 “Practice and Build Out Your Plans”
- Week 4: September 24-30 “Get Involved! Be a part of Something Larger”
Check out tips and ideas to promote preparedness. For more engaging messages, attach appropriately sized graphics for specific social media platforms (e.g. Twitter, Facebook).
- Visit the official NPM web page: www.ready.gov/september
- 2017 NPM logo [JPG]
- 2017 NPM high resolution editable logo [eps]
- Emergency Communications Planning graphics
- Copy and share our web content; just reference the Ready Campaign
- Include emergency preparedness messages on your social media, email signature, monthly newsletters, or other messaging tools
- Share public service announcements and instructional videos
- Print, share, or order FREE emergency preparedness publications
- Download the FEMA App for disaster resources, weather alerts, and safety tips