October 5, 2021 @ 10:00 am – November 16, 2021 @ 12:00 pm
International Sales for Small Business – Webinar: Tuesdays, October 5, 12, 19; November 2, 9, 16, 2021
Is going global the right decision for your company? This course presents an analysis of the sales function across national borders. The impact of strategic, economic, political, legal, and cultural factors on sales activities, factors that influence the globalization of selling and the impact of cultural differences on global selling and buying will be discussed. The material presented in this course is geared to business owners or managers with authority to decide the strategy and direction of the company. This NOT a “How to Sell” basics; it is designed to help participants decide if going global is the right decision — and if it is, how to start.
All sessions: 10AM to 12PM (2 hours)
October 5: Workshop 1: How the COVID-19 Crisis and Recovery are Shaping the Global Economy
• Is going global right for my business? • The international expansion paradox
October 12: Workshop 2: “Where Do We Mart!”
• Getting Started in going Global • Don’t let “FUD” get in your way • Stand out in the crowd • Add value to your company
October 19: Workshop 3: Entering the Global Market Step by Step
• The small-step approach • The market-entry steps • One country. Small steps
November 2: Workshop 4: Reduce the Risk for Your Company Going Global
• Do you have commonality with the geography? • Entry considerations: o Communication and language o Economic climate o Buyer behavior o Investment worthy o Alignment with business practices and culture
November 9: Workshop 5: Finding a “Mountain Guide”
• Find a mountain guide • Build Trust • One country, many cultures – what’s in it for customers?
November 16: Workshop 6: Ethical Frameworks & Possible Conflicts with U.S. Law
• Compensation & agreements • Examine a simple case to inspire discussion for the next topic • Go / no-go decision • What happens once you are there?
Michael Taylor is an Adjunct Professor in the Russ Berrie Institute for Professional Sales (Department of Management, Marketing, and Professional Sales) in the Cotsakos College of Business at William Paterson University.
FEE: NO COST